Senator Bates is hosting an awareness event on the opioid and heroin crisis.
All are invited to learn how you can help keep yourself and your loved ones safe as many drug tragedies begin with a legal prescription for pain relief.
The event will feature speakers, information tables, an opportunity to talk to the experts, and a drop box for people to dispose of expired/unused medications.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Summer Stephan, San Diego County District Attorney
- Mike Barnett, San Diego County Undersheriff
- Mark Wallace, M.D., UC San Diego Health
- A school resource officer from the Carlsbad Police Department
- Aaron Byzak, North Coastal Prevention Coalition (panel moderator)
- A parent whose child was affected by opioids
To RSVP, send an e-mail to Senator.Bates (at) senate.ca.gov. or call 760.642.0809.
Thursday, May 10, 2018, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Ruby G. Schulman Auditorium
1775 Dove Lane
Carlsbad, CA 92011